Monday, April 2, 2012

Home Stretch!

If I had one word to describe the third trimester of pregnancy, it would be exhaustion! There are new symptoms everyday. I sleep less and less every night, I continue to get bigger when I'm certain my belly can't possibly stretch another millimeter, my hips ache every second and each step is stupidly painful, I ALWAYS have heartburn and there is NO relief, and so far the worst are my emotions. I have become this crazy ball of emotion, everything is a big deal. Traffic sets me off, I cry with even the most minor of frustrations, and I bawl when I'm happy.

The worst part about the every growing state of being miserable is that, whether it be to my mom or to my husband, if I complain at all, their reply to me is "hey, you wanted this." Like wanting a baby makes the pregnancy any more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I actually like being pregnant, but I like it because I know what the end result will be, and that makes it worth it, however, it does not make my enormous girth and aching EVERYTHING easy.

On the plus side, there are many more memorable, and in my opinion hilarious, things happening now. Just this morning I was in a rage because my purse fell off of the table spilling it's contents all over the floor, so I angrily squatted down picking everything up just to realize I was stuck in that position. Jordan came out of the bathroom wondering what all the fuss was about, finding me squatted down with a scowl on my face because I couldn't get up. It's funny now, of course. I also love being able to watch my son move, and I can already see that he has his own little personality. He is a listener and stops moving whenever I or Jordan are talking. He also has an attitude, if I rest my arm on my belly he will continually kick at it until I move it, I guess we know who runs the show here.

With all of the complaints I have had about the pain, and the suspended state of feeling awkward, I have come to realize that I truly will miss it when he's born. I love every little hiccup, and the sound of his heartbeat, and knowing that I can keep him safe. I just don't want to say that out loud and make him think that it's okay to take his time coming into this world. There are six weeks left until my due date and three weeks left until he's full term, so hopefully he comes before he's made it to a heart 10 lbs, I'm SO ready to meet this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment