Friday, November 18, 2011

Just the Basics.

This is my new blog about my journey though pregnancy. I have had the idea in my head to start a blog like this for some time now. As I am entering my 15th week, and feeling more confident, I think it's time to share my limited, but ever growing, knowledge about this precious life experience.
This blog isn't intended to be precious and adorable, because, let's face it, pregnancy is a messy, weird, scary, and fun thing. I hope to share some things that no one ever told you before (Because no one ever told me) I'm not here to be shy, and I hope nothing I post comes off as inappropriate, it is intended to be not only informative, but funny, and entertaining.

Before I start, I should probably tell you a little about me. My husband and I have wanted a baby for some time. We have been married for two years, and had dated for two years before we married. One of the first things we learned about each other is that we both wanted to have children, and a big family of our own. We started trying for children shortly after we married, and every passing month that we weren't on our way to our happy family was heart shattering for me. It probably sounds silly, but after a year and a half, I started to feel as though we would never realize our dream.
Obviously, things work out, because here we are. Now that I'm pregnant I thank my Father in heaven everyday. I'm the creep that tells my stomach how much I love it, and get teary eyed thinking about this miracle growing inside me.

So that's the tender part... the other side of me is whiny, annoying, and CRAZY overly careful about EVERYTHING!! I drive my mother crazy because I'm the woman who googles about every random gas, or stretching pain. I tell my doctor about every stupid little thing, and I won't eat ANYTHING if I might have read somewhere that it might possibly be bad for the baby. A good majority of my sentences end with "I dunno, I don't think that's good for the baby." I haven't touched a drop of caffeine since I saw those blessed pink lines, and I even have my own handheld Doppler so we can listen to the heartbeat occasionally.

Now I can only hope that as I share my thoughts, experiences, and the things I learned from Google, that veteran moms, new moms, not moms, and anyone else who stumbles across this blog can laugh along with me, and maybe learn something they didn't know. If anyone has any new advice to share, or a question about anything, send those thoughts my way. I would love to share any new advice, and to blog about what I know about any new questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment